Friday, November 21, 2008

Leiden, Holland

I have arrived in Leiden and met up with my friend, Meike. She lives about 20 minutes outside of Leiden but is lending me her smaller bike for the two days I am here so I can get around easily. Hopefully I won't suffer some crazy accident with a motorist. Although, I have been informed that a new law as been passed in Holland making any car accident with a bike automatically the motorist's fault. That means, if I do get hit, the person that hit me has to pay for all of my medical expenses. Awesome!

Meike and her fiance, Stephen, are putting me up on a spare bed in their guest room (aka their laundry room) but it is perfect for me. Exactly what I needed. I have gotten to the point where I am a bit uncomfortable with anything too nice. I don't want to make anything dirty with my vagabond self.

I know that Thanksgiving is coming up. I actually got a little worried that I might have accidentally missed it yesterday but was relieved to find out it is next week, exclaiming, "Thank God!!! If I didn't call my mother on one of the biggest American holidays, I might as well get a ticket on the first flight home, because there is no way I can make up for that one."

No comments: