Saturday, September 20, 2008

Still More Nice, France

Saturday, September 20

Well I had a nice relaxing day in Nice. I was finally able to get my laundry done this morning which was an extra special part of my day, good clean (un-smelly) clothes.

Last night I went out with Nadia and Arian (the two girls from Quebec) and Simone, a girl from Sydney. We headed to a little discotheque in the city center and danced the night away. We had a ton of good laughs and enjoyed the good music. At one point they had a big balloon drop, so we all got to pop balloons in each other's faces. Plus there was this guy, whom I believe was on GhB, that was passed out against a wall that we decorated with balloons, got a picture, and then had security call him a cab. We made up for our bad behavior by saving his life. We are still good people.

We finished off the night by stopping at a vender on the way home and having a Kebab, a Nice staple for preventing the morning hangover. It was not quite what I expected. I thought "Kebab" was a bunch of meat and grilled veggies on a skewer, but it was a tortilla wrap filled with vegetables, cheese, and meat shaved off of a HUGE kebab. It was delicious, and the perfect way to end an evening out.

Today I woke up a bit later than normal, 10:30 and had some bread smeared in Nutella, Europe's chocolate replacement for peanut butter. It definitely filled me with enough sugar to get up and go. After breakfast, I rummaged together all of my dirty cloths. There were so many of them that they no longer fit in the little bag I had for keeping them in. Note to self, when the bag is nearly full, DO LAUNDRY!

After I had clean clothes, all folded nicely and returned to their respective zip-lock baggies, I headed to the beach. We had wonderful weather today, so everyone was enjoying an afternoon on the polished white rocks of the Cote d'Azur. I found a small but vacant piece of beach and set up home. It was just a wonderful way to spend a bit of the afternoon. Since Nadia and Arian left for Provence this morning, and Simone was heading to Monaco, where I had already been, I just spent the day by myself. After the beach I walked around Old Nice, getting lost in the tiny streets, and then walking to the top of the Chateau to see the great view of the city.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

This all sounds so romantic! Especially the part about helping the passed out man find a ride home! :) I'm just now catching up on everything, but will be up to date by the end of the day! :)