Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nice, France

Thursday, September 18, 2008
I just got to Nice, not quite what I expected, but still fun. I guess I should keep my expectations low as a rule of thumb so as not to be disappointed. I train ride however sets Nice up to fail because you ride right through Canne and some other beautiful towns, and end up in Nice which is more an urban metropolis than a beach side village. I was just expecting it to be smaller for some reason. But there is lots to do and see, and plenty of bus tours to get on and off of.

The place I am staying is great, and the guy let last night slide so I didn't have to pay for it. Especially nice! They are a young couple with a little baby boy running a small hotel/hostel.

I walked around Nice for a bit when I got here, but I brought a little overcast weather with me from Barcelona, so hopefully it will go away so I can enjoy one good day at the beach.

Going to take a little siesta so I can walk around this evening and see the city in a little different light.

Thursday, Evening
I ended up having an incredible evening in Nice. Visiting in the hostel with two girls from Quebec, and after talking to them a little while, they invited me to join them and another guy from LA for dinner. We had an incredible meal at a small restaurant. I had veal cutlets with parmesan cheese and some sort of potato noodle. It was fantastic!
We then went to a bar in the old part of Nice to have a beer and enjoy the evening. After a couple of beers and some rain, we ended up inside dancing to the music of a punk rock cover band. We had so much fun!!!!
Tomorrow the girls and I are going to head to Monaco to lay out on the beach and maybe cross the border to Italy for some authentic gelato. I look forward to it. They are great helping me with my French and occasionally, very occasionally, I help them with their English.
A bientot.
Marc (The french spelling of my name)

No comments: