Saturday, December 13, 2008

Singapore

Singapore is great. The weather is beautiful, and I have been having a fun time being shown around by Kim, and hanging with the family. Yesterday we had to go pick up a sculpture that her daughter, Jackie, had done. It was in a little industrial area of Singapore, and I got to see these incredible artists work on incredible traditional Sing artifacts and status. It was so much fun. My mouth was in a constant "WOW" shape. I was lucky enough to get a piece of the special wood clay that the guys used to take home.

Last night I went with Kim, her husband Robert, son Carter, and daughter Jackie to a neighborhood get-together. I met a lot of their neighbors and school friends and got to tell a few stories of my travels. Plus I received tons of tips on places to go and things to see while I am in Southeast Asia.

Today the family and I went to watch Jackie play a softball game, and Carter play a basketball game. A good time was had by all, and Carter's basketball team won, while Jackie's team nearly pulled back a win in the last inning but unfortunately fell a little short.

The food here is great, I am super relaxed, and excited by everything I see. This place is definitely exactly what I needed at this point in my travels, a little feeling of home.

No comments: