Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brisgane, Australia

Jules and I had a great first day in Brisbane. She is obviously a fan of her hometown, so it was exciting for me to get the inside perspective.

I am staying with Jules, her brother, James, his wife, Michelle, and their for kids (all under the age of four). So I was awoken this morning by Johnny, age 4, standing next to my bed waiting for an excuse to rouse me from my bed. The kids are all great. I haven't really spent any time with the two babies, twin girls age 8 months, but they are really quiet and calm for what I would consider 8 month olds.

After getting up and getting the good cop/bad cop treatment from the boys, Jules and I headed into the city to have lunch with one of her close friends, Trent. After lunch we spent the day driving around the city, getting my bearings, and listening to the inside commentary on Brisbane. The two of us did a bit of walking around the downtown area and along the river. We visited the Modern Art Gallery of Brisbane which had some really fun exhibits. We finished off the day with fish and chips down by the bay with Jules' other friend, Liam.

Quite a fun day, at a great pace, and I am sure a few more excellent days are in store for me here.

No comments: